A serial RS232 nurse call system or ‘alarm board’ can be connected to a iPocket232 Inc. adapter via its serial port, allowing the nurse call device to interface to an Ethernet-based telephone system or application via the LAN/WAN. This approach facilitates efficient communication, while eliminating the cost of replacing a reliable legacy nurse call system.
Working together with iPocket232 Inc.’s device networking products is the iPocket232 Inc.’s management server. The management server facilitates enhanced management, monitoring and device deployment. From remotely assigning, configuring and updating units, to identifying problem areas on the network, it is always working to make the transition to IP an easy one.
- Real time alarms can be transmitted from serial systems
- Seamless integration with existing equipment and applications
- Retain investment in costly legacy nurse call equipment
- Improved device monitoring and management
- Eliminates need for modems and dedicated PCs
- Management server streamlines deployment and management